Sunday, February 17, 2013

there's something in the pain, so beautiful (part one)


I just want to get to that point in my life where it is said of me..."and they lived happily ever after."  Though it sounds childish and unrealistic, I hold my breath for such a moment. Just let me get myself set up. Once I have momentum, once I can leave the muck and mire behind.... But really I know life will continue to try to fall apart on me. Humpty-Dumpty...do we really have to sing it again?  Life seems fragile and always breaking, and no matter how I try I can never make it as it was before.  My life is made of broken glass, painful shards one after another and the only consolation is the beauty.
In my panic it feels all coarse and ugly.  But when I relent, I see the light shining through me...and beauty all around.